I’ve been addicted to Sun Araw lately. Here’s my favorite track off of Beach Head:
Nothing moved me as much as 2009’s debut record by Girls. But who’s complaining? Overall, some pretty great music was made this year. This is what I was listening to in 2010:
15. Sam Amidon: I See The Sign
14. Julian Lynch: Mare
13. Lower Dens: Twin-Hand Movement
12. Wild Nothing: Gemini
11. LCD Soundsystem: This Is Happening
10. James Blake: CMYK/Klavierwerke EPs
9. Sleigh Bells: Treats
8. Sun Araw: On Patrol
7. Deerhunter: Halcyon Digest
6. Arcade Fire: The Suburbs
5. Toro y Moi: Causers of This
4. The Tallest Man On Earth: The Wild Hunt
3. Beach House: Teen Dream
2. Joanna Newsom: Have One On Me
1. Kanye West: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Aquarium Drunkard just posted an interesting compilation of Christian psychedelia from the sixties and seventies:
This is so good. A couple of weeks back the guys at Crescere shot me an email hipping me to their latest creation; a two part compilation of super-obscure, often private press, outsider psychedelic guitar and folk music from the 60s and 70s… all with the underlying theme of the Jesus People’s Movement. From what I can tell a lot of this stuff has yet to be comped (though I’m sure it’s only a matter of time) making this collection all that much more interesting.
I was familiar with 2nd Chapter of Acts (don’t ask) but all of the others are new to me. If you can handle the proselytizing, this is certainly worth a listen and an interesting glimpse into a bizarre movement. Now excuse me while I go rock some some WinterBand.
I love this video.